Resolve office upload failed in windows to work efficiently. In this blog you will learn How to resolve office upload failed in windows.
Desktop versions of Office programs linked to OneDrive frequently display error notifications that say “Upload blocked,” “Sign in to save this file,” or “Save a copy.” If you receive any of the above messages, an issue with the service connection has occurred. However, by following a few simple steps, you may easily address the problem.
Once you single out the cause of the issue, it becomes easy to rectify it. Some of the common causes are:
- The version of the Office application that is now active is outdated.
- The connection to OneDrive was lost during the file transfer.
- You are not logged into your OneDrive account.
- You don’t have permission to open the file or upload it to the folder you’ve chosen
Re-provide Account Credentials
If you are not logged in to your account or your account is disconnected from OneDrive, you will be unable to proceed with uploading files to OneDrive. Make sure you’re logged in to your account first. If you’ve already logged in to OneDrive and still face issues, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Select File from the menu bar, then Account.
- Step 2: Under User Information, click on “Sign out of all Accounts”
- Step 3: Close all Office programs.
- Step 4: Go to Control Panel > User Accounts > Credential Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Step 5: Expand Office credentials under Generic Credentials and click Remove link under Windows Credentials.
- Step 6: Log in again to the Office application.
When you save a file with Office, a copy is created and saved in the cache folder. When an issue arises, it’s possible that it’s because the cache has filled up and has to be cleaned.
To clear cache:
- Step 1: Click on Microsoft Office tools in the Start menu.
- Step 2: Select the Office Upload Center.
- Step 3: Go to Settings, then Cache Settings, and click Delete cached data.
If you’re still having problems, go to File > Account > Office Updates > Updates Options and select the Update Now option to check for updates.
Check the Size of the File
The upload will fail if the size of the file you wish to upload exceeds the available storage space in your OneDrive account. To see how much storage is left, go to the storage page.
OneDrive may fail to upload if you do not adhere to the upload size limit for OneDrive files. The maximum file size you can upload to OneDrive using the newest version of Microsoft Edge or other popular web browsers is 100GB. You can only upload files up to 300 MB if you’re using an old browser.
The above steps can help resolve “Office uploader failed error” in windows system, depending upon the engineer or a user could follow the steps to resolve the issue.
The Anakage platform can help resolve issue using “Offline Cobot” which has catalogue of one click and user guided solution and can easily fix the issue “Office uploader failed error “keeping the engineer or the user at bay.
Click here to see a video on “Offline Self Service App”
There is much more you can automate, check out our website for more details.
Would you want your users to self-resolve such issues?
Please fill up this form, let us connect and walk you through IT Help Desk Automation use cases.