It may happen that we frequently may need to speed up system performance. In this blog you will learn how to speed up system performance.
Do you want Windows to operate more quickly? You can try out these methods in just a few minutes, and your machine will be speedier and less prone to performance and system problems.
Speed up system performance
1. Change your power settings
You’re slowing down your PC if you’re utilizing Windows 10’s “Power saver” strategy. To save energy, this plan lowers your PC’s performance. (Power saver plans are common on even desktop PCs.) Changing your power plan from “Power saver” to “High performance” or “Balanced” will enhance your performance immediately.
- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options.
- You may view two options: “Balanced (recommended)” and “Power saver.”
Note: Other plans, including ones branded by the manufacturer, may be available depending on your make and model.
- To change your power setting, go to the Control Panel and select the one you want, then click apply. .
“High performance” provides the best performance but consumes the most power; “Balanced” strikes a balance between power consumption and improved performance. “Power saver” does everything it can to maximize battery life. Laptop users should select “Balanced” when unplugged and “High performance” when connected to a power source.
2. Disable programs that run on startup
A major reason for your system being slow is that you have too many background programs running – ones you rarely or never use. Your PC will run more smoothly if you stop them from operating.
- To begin, open the Task Manager. Select Task Manager by right-clicking the lower-right area of your screen.
- Select the Startup tab from the drop-down menu. When you start Windows, you’ll see a list of the apps and services that start up.
- Right-click a program or service and select “Disable” to prevent it from starting at startup.
Note: This does not completely deactivate the program; it merely prevents it from launching at startup. You may still use it after launching it manually.
Now that you’ve picked all of the programs you wish to disable at startup, the next time you restart your computer, the system will be much less concerned with them.
3. Use ReadyBoost to speed up disk caching
- First, plug a USB flash drive into one of your PC’s USB ports.
Note: The flash drive must support at least USB 2.0 or USB 3. The faster your flash drive, the higher speed boost you will get. For optimal performance, search for a flash drive that is at least double the size of your PC’s RAM.
- Open File Explorer and go to “This PC.”
- Right-click and go to Properties > ReadyBoost tab.
- Turn on ReadyBoost
- You will be asked whether you want to use the flash drive as a cache.
- Select “Dedicate this device to ReadyBoost” and click Apply and select OK.
Note: When you select the ReadyBoost tab and get the notice “This device cannot be used for ReadyBoost,” that implies your flash drive doesn’t satisfy ReadyBoost’s minimum performance specifications, and you’ll need to put in a new one with better configuration and a higher storage amount.
The above steps can help speed up system performances, Anakage Proactive Cobot which is an agent at the end point, can speed up the system with the above-mentioned steps and also it can monitor the system at the specific time period, keeping the user or an engineer at bay.
Anakage also has user guided solution from offline cobot which could guide the user by opening the live application and eventually reducing the efforts to follow the above procedure.
Click here to see a video on “Anakage IT Help Desk Chatbot Integrated with Microsoft Teams | Chatbot which Acts” There is much more you can automate, check out our website for more details.
Would you want your users to self-resolve such issues?
Please fill up this form, let us connect and walk you through IT Help Desk Automation use cases.
HOW TO SPEED UP THE SYSTEM BY CLEARING UP DISK SPACE ?
HOW TO BACKUP USER DATA FILES IN WINDOWS ?
HOW TO FIX AUDIO ISSUES IN WINDOWS PC OR LAPTOP ?
HOW TO RESOLVE BROKEN IMAGES IN EMAIL BODY ?
HOW ACCOUNT LOCKOUTS FOR VARIOUS CREDENTIALS CAN BE RESOLVED